Thursday, September 1, 2011

300 years of fossil fuels in 300 seconds

After a full week of classes, I already have two favorites, which also happen to be the two classes I am taking outside of my major. I am really enjoying my Nordic Mythology class, as well as my Holocaust and Genocide class. My other classes are informative, but not necessarily what I was expecting.

My Holocaust class took a field trip walking around Copenhagen and discussing the Danish role during WWII. Unfortunately, the train system decided to break down, forcing me to walk the extra 2 miles instead of ride the train, which caused me to be an hour late for the trip. Luckily, my friend Cara waited for me and we arrived late together. We had missed most of the trip, but managed to see the Museum of Danish Resistance. The museum has exhibits from the occupation of Denmark from 1940-45, and showcases items from four distinct sections: (1) adaptation to avoid Nazification, (2) resistance and sabotage, (3) German terror tactics, and (4) the liberation.

vehicle bearing the words "Free Denmark"
In other news, my renewable energy teacher showed us a really cool video today about the discovery and use of fossil fuels. Here is the link if you want to check it out (you should): 300 Years of Fossil Fuels in 300 Seconds .  

No comments:

Post a Comment